I’m excited to start blogging some more as I prep for students to come. September is always an exciting time, right? Between blogging and podcasting, I’m also offering ONE more workshop. And this one is DIGITAL.
Check out this webinar and digital collaboration group opportunity!
The Very Beginning! Semester One with Novice-Lows
A Digital Workshop & Digital Collaboration Group with Profe Ashley
- Sunday, August 26th, 4 hours (10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm EST)
- Registration: $75
Do you want to join me in a small Facebook group focused on beginning the year with Novice-Lows? I’m excited to share all my past resources with you as well as new ideas that come up this fall. Read on for details!
World Language teachers of Novice-Low students! Especially those who are unable to attend Ashley’s in-person workshops and visits.
- Teachers will be able to plan their first week of classes (With a desk-free, target language only, proficiency-based approach)
- Teachers will have resources for debriefing in the L1 and creating assessment systems
- To create Novice appropriate reading, writing, listening and speaking tasks.
- Teachers will learn about, have resources for and begin to implement strategies for:
- establishing a TL only environment
- engaging students in the Target Language
- establishing an environment where students are willing to take risks
- using movement to deliver Comprehensible Input
- Have weekly support digitally during the first month of implementation and space for collaboration with other participants.
FAQs & Important Dates:
Scholarships: For every 5 participants, Ashley will offer a scholarship. To apply write a letter to email@example.com describing why you would like to attend this training and how you will use skills learned. If possible, describe why your school is unable to fund your registration.
By August 20th, participants will be e-mailed a pre-workshop survey, and any important materials for the digital workshop.
Digital Workshop Sessions
10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm EST
We will meet via Google Hangouts for 4 hours with a lunch break in between. (You’ll have some reflection questions to consider during the break.)
10:00-12:00 Novice-Lows in September
1:00-3:00 October through January and beyond
August 20th-September 26th
Pre & Post Workshop Support:
Participants will be invited to join a private Facebook group. Ashley will post a weekly discussion question, video and picture from her Novice-Lows for a month starting on August 20th. She will also share several resources relevant to the workshop’s topic during that month and answer questions weekly. Participants will join teachers from the 8/7 digital workshop.